Experienced, Committed Naples Personal Injury Lawyers
At Law Office of Theodore Zelman and Law Office of Sharon M. Hanlon, we pride ourselves on our unwavering integrity and commitment to client-centered service. With more than 60 combined years of legal experience, our distinguished attorneys are central to the identity and reputation of Law Office of Theodore Zelman and Law Office of Sharon M. Hanlon.
Both Theodore Zelman and Sharon Hanlon have been elected to the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), making up half of the attorneys from Collier County who have received this honor. With more than 60 combined years of combined legal experience, both Zelman & Hanlon, attorneys have received an AV-rating*, which recognizes attorneys who represent the highest level of professional skill and integrity in the practice of law.
Attorney Theodore Zelman has established an impressive record as an attorney. He has been:
- Named in the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2020 Florida Super Lawyers list
- Practicing law since 1977
- Former President of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Former President of the Collier County Trial Lawyers
- Former Chairman of the local Bar Grievance Committee
- A member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Florida Justice Association) and the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Attorney Hanlon is an experienced, distinguished attorney, with accolades that include:
- Re-appointed by Governor DeSanctis to the 20th Judicial Nominating Commission (2020-2024).
- Named in the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Florida Super Lawyers list
- Selected by ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates), SW Florida Chapter, as Attorney of the Year, 2018
- President, SW Florida Federal Bar Association (2017-2018) (2018-2019)
- Selected by the Naples Daily News for their “Annual 25 over 50” Award for Community Leadership, November 2017
- Appointed to the National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) 2018 Midyear Committee Board (2017-2018)
- Western Michigan University (Cooley Law School), Board of Directors (2012 – to date)
- President of The SW Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (2013-2015); Membership director (2011-2012), Chapter Represent (2016-2017)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL); Secretary (2008-2009); Membership Chair (2009-2011); Strategic Planning Co-chair (2015-2016), Awards Co-chair (2016-2017)
- Received Collier County Legal Aid Leadership Award April 2016
- The Florida Bar Lawyer Grievance 20th Circuit, 2012-2015 (Chair 2015)
- Sharon M. Hanlon was recognized by Florida Trend Legal Elite, in 2011, 2014, and 2015. Less than 1,400 attorneys were selected out of the approximately 70,000 active attorneys practicing in Florida, representing approximately 2% of all attorneys
- Recognized by The Collier County Legal Aid Society as the Attorney of the Month for September 2012, in recognition of pro bono work within the County
- Chair (2011-2012) of The Thomas M. Biggs Inns of Court of Collier County (secretary/treasurer 2008-2011), a national organization devoted to the education and advancement of trial lawyers)
- 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission(JNC), Member 2009-2012, Chair 2010-2011; reappointed 2020-2023
- Member of the Collier County Bar Association Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Donald M. Van Koughnet Lion of the Law recipient in 2010, awarded by the Collier County Judiciary
- Named one of the top 50 lawyers in Florida by the Florida Association for Woman Lawyers (FAWL) in 2001
- Collier County Women’s Bar Association Lawyer of the Year Award in 1999
- Florida Justice Association, SW Florida Chapter, Founding Board Member (2015- to date)
- Former President of the Collier County Trial Lawyers Section (1999)
- Recognized by Gulfshore Business in its selection of Who’s Who
- Recognized by various organizations for excellence in law.
– National Association of Professional Women: www.napw.com recently approved my membership. NAPW highlights and profiles the country’s most accomplished professional women in over 200 industries and professions
– Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers: https://www.mhur.com/women . This is a recognition from Martindale Hubbell exclusive to women lawyers who have achieved the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, AV Preeminent
- Practicing law since 1982
Click on a name below to learn more about one of our attorneys.
Meet the rest of our dedicated support staff.
Contact Zelman & Hanlon | 239-449-8421 | 877-669-7084
Call our Naples, Florida, law firm office or contact us online for a free initial consultation.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.